- New Zealand is an economically stable country that has the potential where businesses can grow
- The process is smooth and legal requirements are not complicated
- Government looks forward to start-ups being established in New Zealand to bring investments and support the economy and locals as well as help in the growth of New Zealand as a business hub for new entrepreneurs
- Suitable tax environment offering concessions
- This is the visa through which you can become New Zealand’s citizen
- Though hard work is inevitable when you have to establish your business, New Zealand offers the work-like balance to keep one refreshed and motivated
New Zealand Business Immigration Program
The young country New Zealand, is ideal for the youthful minds who have innovative business ideas. New Zealand provides conducive environment to the businesses through their attractive business visa, known as Global Impact Visa. As the name suggests, the idea to introduce this visa is to give the opportunity to the talented and far-sighted entrepreneurial minds who can create the positive impact globally and in the lives of New Zealanders.
The New Zealand Global Impact Visa is an outcome of the partnership between Immigration New Zealand and Edmund Hillary Fellowship (EHF) where the applicant has to submit an application to be accepted into EHF and then apply for Global Impact Visa.
- The first step towards New Zealand Global Impact Visa is to accepted into Edmund Hillary Fellowship (EHF)
- The selection for Fellowship is a twice a year event and the successful applicants are issued a Letter of Offer to invite them to apply for Global Impact Visa
- Those who receive the Letter of Offer from EHF can live and work in New Zealand on a three-year open work visa
- If the applicant has stayed in New Zealand for more than 30 months as an EHF fellow, he/she becomes eligible to apply for the permanent visas of New Zealand
To be eligible for this business visa for New Zealand, certain eligibility requirements are to be fulfilled by the applicant, which are –
- A Letter of Offer issued by Edmund Hillary Fellowship
- Minimum of NZ$36,000 to be maintained as funds to support yourself and the dependents for the first year
- The applicant has to demonstrate health, character and language requirements
- If family has to accompany the applicant, they must apply under the Partnership and Dependent Child categories
- Acceptance Letter of EHF
- Application with Immigration New Zealand for Global Impact Visa that includes the EHF acceptance letter
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Medical certificate
- Police Certificate
- Documents establishing the skills that you are claiming
- Proof of funds of NZ$ 36,000 for yourself and family to support one year of stay
The 90% of the visa applications are processed within 3 months, however the expected time is within 3 to 6 months. The delays may be caused due to health or character checks.
The fee for New Zealand Global Impact Visa application is $635.